Welder is responsible for cutting, shaping and putting together a variety of different things related to metalwork and piping and will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Welder carries various welding tasks including preparation and execution of welding joint as per welding procedure/system within safety and quality requirements. You may be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization’s core values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Correct tools for proper execution of the work.
- Must be proficient in understanding mechanical drawings.
- While in the work place, responsible for both quality, and safety.
- Capable of using hand grinders to grind weld back to original shape and contour.
- Review quality documents as required.
- Operate and have knowledge of heating torches such as oxy-acetylene and gas torches
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel may be required
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Comply with ISO certification requirements.
- Experience of power generation (gas/steam turbines) and associated auxiliary equipment is preferable.
- Trainee level. Trial position to ensure a good fit for GSI – attitude, skills, ambition
- Basic skills training to ensure knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization.
- Have the ability to effectively operate jacking fixtures/porta power, cranes, forklifts oxygen and acetylene torches/propane
- Experience in welding and grinding of Turbine components and Tig Welding experience preferred
- Excellent customer, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and complete multiple projects within time constraints
- Strong organizational skills
- English proficiency required
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil & gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website www.fieldcore.com.
Welder is responsible for cutting, shaping and putting together a variety of different things related to metalwork and piping and will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.