About the job
To lead and administrate a team of technicians, composed by direct hires and contractors (fixed and temporary), doing installation of equipment and execution of P3M and Corrective Maintenance works on a wide range of plant rotating and static equipment and piping systems ensuring they are performed in time, with the required quality and in safe conditions
The jobholder contribute to Startup the Area Focal Point for Mechanical Maintenance trouble shooting, pre-commissioning, commissioning and successful start-up of mechanical equipment and to lead and manage a Maintenance team comprising of Sr. Technicians and Technicians (Contract Hire) and ensures that mechanical equipment and systems on facilities are safely commissioned and can be operated in a manner to comply with all applicable local laws and regulations in accordance with company guidelines and complex HSE policy and procedures.
- Carries out equipment troubleshooting, decides the corrective action and ensures that the right maintenance is done on the equipment needing repairing.
- Personally carries out, or directly supervises, complex jobs of installation, repairing and maintenance of a wide variety of equipment and systems covering all plants on site.
- Monitors closely the work execution checking the quality and following up the work progress ensuring the completion on time.
- Monitors and inspects the work of maintenance contractors carrying out works on the plant to ensure compliance with specified terms and parameters.
- Ensures that the quality procedures, vendor/ OEM instructions, HSE requirements, etc. are available & followed by the job execution group.
- Inspects completed jobs for conformity to statutory and Company standards and regulations.
- Inspects regularly the workshops and other work places used by his team looking for a good housekeeping and a proper organization
- Reviews regularly the tools distributed to his team, individual tools in the toolboxes and other, ensuring the return in time of the non-permanent tools, all the needed tools are available for the job execution and the normalization of all situations.
- Ensures that all members of his team have the proper PPEs and adhere to the HSE rules. And ensures also that all waste is handled properly by all.
- Performs regular toolbox talks to pass all type of information to the team of Technicians like HSE&Q and HR related, daily activity, etc
- To discuss the pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up schedule and get involved where required for critical equipment.
- To assist in scheduled pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up maintenance and troubleshooting maintenance activities on large and complex equipment to ensure proper operating conditions of Company’s assets and adherence to international standards as well as Borouge General Standards.
- To co-ordinate and provide technical support to shift personnel for any requirement related to job
- To guide the mechanical maintenance jobs for the assigned plant area with objectives to minimize failures, reduce pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up delays and ensure equipment reliability & availability
- To do Visual, Close and Detailed inspection of installed mechanical equipment and follow-up punch list clearance
- To witness and approve Functional Tests, Equipment Run tests, etc.
- To participate in Safety Audits and Area Walk downs and to agree on acceptation list before Ready for Start Up.
- To review and approve procurement of required spare parts based on equipment criticality analyses.
- To receive and physically inspect delivered spare parts
- To Prepare Master Database for all systems & assets, including Criticality Assessment.
- To Co-ordinate to create all Functional Locations.
- To develop predictive, preventive and major maintenance programs for plant equipment/systems in his plant/area to improve reliability
- To maintain equipment files that contain equipment datasheet, maintenance logbook, history and any other relevant records like calibration reports, checklist etc.
- To attend interface meetings with Project Teams and custodian departments in order to facilitate resolution of issues and promote good working relations.
- To review and approve Mechanical Completion Dossiers for his discipline
- Prepare Project close out and “lessons learnt” report of project on completion.
- To develop procedures, work instructions and check lists to be used on the execution of maintenance works and contributes to the development of procedures and guidelines
- Document ‘Red mark-up’ & ‘As-Built’ review & update
- To ensure that mechanical equipment and systems on facilities can be operated in a safe and environmentally sound manner to comply with all applicable local laws and regulations in accordance with company guidelines and complex HSE policy and procedures.
- To conduct and participate in task risk assessment and responsible for maintaining safety at work location.
- Process and manage warranty claims related to his discipline in coordination with Warranty manager.
- Acting as Section Head for short term leaves
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Two Years Diploma after Secondary School graduate or equivalent technical qualification
- Essential Language-Spoken and written English
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in oil & gas or petrochemical companies
- To have very good knowledge of production facilities in an oil/gas or petrochemical industry and of installation, repair, testing and maintenance of a wide range rotating / static equipment.
- To have good communication and reporting skills in English language
- To be familiar with SAP / CMMS and basic computerized tools
- 8 years of work experience in installation, repair, testing and maintenance of a wide range of mechanical equipment and systems of production facilities in refinery / petrochemical / Oil & Gas industries.
- Maintenance Experience with all types of Heat Exchangers.
- Vast experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of Pumps and Compressors.
- Vast experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of Extruder Package
- Awareness about ATEX, Hazardous Area Classifications and its installations.
- Thorough knowledge of HSE requirements for field maintenance jobs.
- Being able to Lead a team of direct hired & body shop technicians on the job,
- Customer orientated.
- Coaching skills of advance level
- Have excellent safety record and a stable employment track record.
- Good communication and technical report writing skills in English.
- Team working attitude in multi-cultural, multi-national work environment.
- Practical knowledge of CMMS systems like SAP
Note: you will be required to attach the following:1. Resume/CV
2. Passport-size photograph