Utilize the console and automated systems to operate the plant safely and effectively while optimizing task efficiency and procedures.
- Perform tasks assigned to operations as per Master Task List. Follow operating discipline principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas.
- Monitor process conditions, equipment and control systems, through direct interaction with the Process Automation system within the unit.
- Utilize operational knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot process- related deviations and issues.
- Monitor process conditions, equipment and control systems, through direct interaction with the process automation system.
- Monitor and respond to operating and error messages. Inform the supervisors of any equipment malfunctions that need to be fixed.
- Monitor, collect and input plant metrics for Statistical Process Control (S.P.C.), asset utilization, conversion costs and production and identify opportunities for plant optimization.
- Utilize S.P.C. tools to optimize plant operation and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the S.P.C. tools.
- Perform any job- related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/manager.
Education: Essential: High school graduate or two- year Diploma in a related field.