Senior Technician – Mechanical
1. Scope of Responsibilities
Operate as part of a team of engineer and designers in carrying out detailed engineering works and provide necessary technical information for procurement in compliance with tender specifications/data sheets and within budgeted man-hour and project schedules.
2. Primary Duties
Provide inputs for preparation of plot plans, organize issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s) and coordinate with other engineering disciplines for integration of data inputs.
Prepare Inquiry Requisitions; participate in the technical evaluation of bid offers. Prepare Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), review design calculation, fabrication drawings and other related documents.
Prepare Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of equipment and materials. Check supplier design calculations using PV ELITE or other applicable software. Review supplier quality plans, ensure supplier equipment’s compatibility and compliance with the scope of client specifications. Obtain approval for commencement of equipment manufacture from LDE.
Meet with Supplier representatives; visit supplier works for review of documents / attending FATs etc., when required.
Meet with vendor representatives; inspect vendor works and workshops when required.
Perform departmental duties as and when directed by Supervisors.
3. Job/Cost Impact
• Carry out specific equipment design calculations and datasheets and doing reference checks.
• Cost/delivery impact situations are reviewed by supervisors
4. Decision Making Authority
Decisions limited to the technical scope of project and specifications, consults with Lead Engineer / Supervisor on all technical issues as required
5. Supervisory Responsibility
6. Work Contacts
Other Engineering Discipline Engineers
7. Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Refer to HR/ OD – Competency Management System (CMS)
8. Physical Effort and Work Environment
Duties performed in Main Office mostly in air-conditioned surroundings. Occasionally incumbent would require traveling to sites and vendor workshops. Approx. 80% of time spent on the computer with the remaining 20% other reviews, coordination’s and contacts.
9. Minimum Job Requirement
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum 2 years of in house Graduate Training Programme or 4 years petrochemical experience preferably from a background in working for consultancy organizations in the EPC of the Oil and Gas Industry.