Shell has been a partner in Oman’s remarkable development and progress over the past several decades. Shell has provided pioneering technologies and expertise to Oman’s energy industry helping to create value for the wider community of which we have proudly been a part.
As part of the Field Operations team, the Senior Production Operator will be assigned Operational and Maintenance activities for gas well and gas gathering facilities and associated infrastructure. The team is charged with delivery of all elements in the Operations Business Plan, intended to ensure:
- Compliance with the Asset Management System and operational procedures
- The facilities are fully operational, maintained and available for production.
- The Safety Barriers protecting People, Environment, and Asset are maintained and functional.
- Regulatory and Environmental Compliance is maintained.
- Competence is maintained.
The Senior Production Operator responsibilities include safe and compliant operation of production equipment, safety systems, fire and gas, process, utilities, and wells.
This position is a field based rotational 15/13 days position
The position reports to the Production Supervisor
Key Accountabilities include:
- To ensure that the operational activities on the assets comply with all statutory and Shell corporate requirements
- Deliver the asset production plan for gas and condensate production within specified quality, Greenhouse Gas (GHG)/Environmental permit and costs, with responsibility for production, export and disposal of waste streams.
- Ensure HSE rules and regulations are enforced and that operational, maintenance, logistics, wells and project activities are executed safely (SIMOPS) and efficiently
- Contribute to HSE performance and awareness, in particular adherence to Oman Shell road safety standards
- Review daily Permit to Work (PTW) /Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) submissions and contribute to daily PTW/JHA/Toolbox Meetings
- Provide initial response or first aid during emergency or response situations
- Ensuring work sites are safely managed in terms of HSSE, Safe isolations and Operating Integrity
- Operate wells and production facilities in accordance to specified operating procedures, operating envelopes and design intent; where there is deviation, ensure authorized approval and control measures are put in place
- Apply Operations HSSE Case, SIMOPS and MOPO and be competent in Frontline Barrier Management tasks.
- Ensure all Safety Critical Equipment within the Operations sphere is operated within the design envelope and maintained in a manner that meets the performance standards.
- Liaising with maintenance team on asset integrity and need for maintenance activities
- Apply safe isolations and deliver equipment in safe condition for maintenance.
- Apply AMS Ensure Quality Product (EQP), Ensure Safe Production (ESP) processes
- Execute ESP work process to include operator tasks, shift handover, start of shift orientation, alarm management and abnormal situation management.
- Evaluate production data for improvement opportunities, gather performance data, monitor downtime and perform root cause analysis.
- Focus on Production deferment reduction and RCA to improve asset availability performance
- Execute proper daily production reporting, well testing and metering.
- Maintain operational registers and controls
- Execute operational activities such that all tasks are completed with minimum disruption to installations safety systems and production.
- Ensure safe execution of Production Well testing utilizing mobile well test separators.
Ensure safe Gas/Condensate sampling practices and follow-up with Laboratory Services.
- Propose facility and equipment improvements to optimize quality and cost effectiveness
- Support commissioning and start-up of new assets/wells in conjunction with the Project delivery and AOR/CSU teams where requested.
Ways of working
- Apply a learner’s mindset and drive continuous improvement, safety culture and performance across the asset.
- Adopt a roving team approach with a once a month visit to well site locations by company and contract staff
- Drive the compliance to procedures for all activities, operations, maintenance, etc.
- Apply digitalization enabled work practices, such as connected worker etc.
- To collaborate with Well Engineering, Logistics, Projects staff and the partner’s staff in the field on Safe systems of work, PtW and SIMOPS.
Assets: Onshore processing facilities, wells, pipelines, utilities and supporting infrastructure
- Be part of an efficient & effective Field Operations team setting the Oman Shell Operating/HSSE culture in the field with ongoing incremental project delivery over the next 20 years.
What we need from You
Qualification & Experience.
- Only open for Omani nationals
- Diploma or degree in an Engineering Discipline
- A least 5 years’ experience in Gas field Production & Maintenance Operations.
- Preferably has demonstrable experience in production operations of a tight / unconventional gas field.
- Ability to read and Interpret Process and Cause and Effects Drawings is required
- Outside Field operations experience required, and control room experience is preferred
- DCS and Computer Assisted Operations experience preferred (Schneider electric, Osisoft Pi is a plus)
- Gas Processing facilities / techniques knowledge & experience required
- Can demonstrate to be skilled in Operational HSE management.
- Must have been certified skilled in Emergency preparedness and response,
Leadership & Behaviors
- Demonstrated commitment to Goal Zero performance of No Harm and No Leaks through Process Safety Thinking each and every day
- Proven Positive, proactive attitude toward improvements and improved ways of working
- Demonstrates commitment to learning, improving own personal leadership and effectiveness
- Demonstrated strong team skills and a proven ability to work in a team environment is required
- Self-starter, highly motivated, good interpersonal skills
- Embraces and drives the application of information, automation, digitalization technologies