Safety Case Engineer
Brunel’s Oil & Gas Operator client are seeking an experienced Safety Case Engineer for a 24-month contract role based in Perth working 40 hours per week.
The successful Safety Case Engineer will support the development of Safety Case submissions during Execute. Also required to act as the focal point within the HSEQ team for review of FPSO and SSPL Formal Safety Assessment studies and ensure content is suitable for inclusion in each of the required Safety Case submissions.
- Delivery of all Safety Cases for the Major Capital Project during execution
- Assist the FPSO and SSPL team with Technical Safety support
- Assist with administration of the Regulatory Compliance Database.
- Support the development of the HSE Management System scope of work during execution.
- Ensure Safety Case content consistency is achieved for all inputs (across FPSO and SSPL contractors).
- Ensure all Safety Cases submitted reflect current NOPSEMA guidelines.
- Support the regulatory approval efforts on behalf of the project.
- Liaise with ABU and Project Operations when authoring the SMS for each Safety Case.
- Liaise with Technical/Process Safety Engineers to ensure contractor Formal Safety Assessment studies deliver all information required to support safety case development and successful submission.
- Monitor changes to Safety Case related legislation or guidance and ensure key impacts are communicated to the HSEQ Manager.
- Participate in the review and evaluation of FPSO and SSPL contractors engineering deliverables for technical safety compliance
- Facilitate the review of NOPSEMA response comments by ensuring Project personnel are involved in the review and resubmission process.
- Provide technical safety support to the FPSO Process Safety Engineer.
- Support the day-to-day coordination and input from technical safety consultants.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regulatory Approvals & Safety Case Coordinator.
Experience & Qualifications
- Engineering degree (or equivalent).
- Over 10 years of major international offshore oil/gas project experience with emphasis on technical safety. Experience coordinating the safety case development and familiarity with the Australian safety case regime.
- Understanding of technical safety aspects in Subsea & FPSO design, operations and maintenance.
- Background in oil and gas facility process safety hazards analysis, process safety design and process safety related codes and standards.
- Technical competency in the field of Technical Safety Engineering.
- Strong understanding and demonstration of ALARP.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise effectively with all levels of the organization, particularly with Managers and peers.
- Able to develop strong customer/client relationships and networks; strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be very flexible to a changing work environment, including schedule changes, work prioritizing, and employee work assignments.
- Able to plan, organize, and conduct multiple projects and functions.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have an attention to detail
Please note: Australian work rights are required to apply for this position.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Brunel are proud to be equal opportunity employers and encourage applications from indigenous & female candidates.
Australian work rights are required to apply.
Get in touch for more info email@example.com / 9429 5639