Brunel Energy Australasia are currently partnered with our client who is a leading International Oil & Gas Operator, focused in the exploration, development & production of LNG & Oil. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture whilst they expand their operations here in Queensland.
We are currently recruiting for a Rotating Equipment Inspector. This position offers the flexibility of being based in either or clients Operations in Brisbane or Chinchilla Mon – Fri. However, this role requires travel to various sites around Brisbane and the Surat Basin. Initially on a 12 Month basis.
The Rotating Equipment Inspector will improve mechanical equipment reliability and availability through development and execution of quality control plans for field maintenance execution and controlling quality of offsite repairs/overhauls.
- Interface with field and shop maintenance personnel, Rotating Equipment Specialists, Engineering and Turnarounds to develop QA/QC plans for field maintenance execution and offsite repairs/overhauls (e.g. ITPs, quality checklists, repair / overhaul scopes) and embed within job plans
- Control quality during execution through .
2a. Coordination of and performance of inspections and witnessing activities in accordance with ITP and quality checklist requirements.
2b. Ensuring activities are performed according to correct methodology and compliant with specifications, where not, build evidence to support risk-based exception decisions and provide technical support for resolution of identified issues.
- Perform field and shop Quality Audits and ensure compliance.
- Maintain records and compile reports to document the quality control and audit activities undertaken and results.
- Identify improvement opportunities and share learnings and best practice across the asset.
- Aptitude and knowledge to ensure all repairs are done correctly and safely.
- Build relationship across multi-disciplined groups and geographical facilities.
- Maintaining independence of assurance
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Minimum of 10 years’ oil and gas or petrochemical experience of which a significant portion has been spent in maintenance and reliability of rotating equipment.
- Proven experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of turbomachinery, including electric, engine gas turbine and steam turbine driven rotating equipment.
- Understanding of repair standards, welding procedures and qualifications, and NDT methods required in the inspection, repair and overhaul of rotating equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities to build ownership toward the asset and maximize results delivery.
- Communicate effectively with management, external bodies, and all levels of employees.
- Record keeping and documenting of performed work or findings.
- Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
- Good influencing and communication skills with a strong capability to facilitate and impart knowledge.
Competence Level Required
- Undertake maintenance and integrity tasks Skill
- Undertake inspection tasks Skill
- Analyses and solves problems Knowledge
- Review maintenance and integrity assumptions Knowledge
- Analyse equipment failures Knowledge
- Condition monitoring and troubleshooting Knowledge
- Principles of rotating equipment Skill
- Gas processing Knowledge
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role – Please apply directly using the ‘Apply’ button or get in contact with Laura Street at Brunel on (07) 3007 7600, or email me a copy of your CV through to email@example.com
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Brunel values diversity and encourages applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and minority group candidates.
Brunel Australasia is a market leader in the supply of highly skilled blue and white-collar personnel for full site manning, temporary labour provision, staffing and recruitment to the resource industry. Operating locally since 2001 and backed by an international network spanning 35 countries, we pair talented individuals with industry leading clients and work closely with both clients and the industry at large to ensure the safety, financial security and stability of the candidates we place.
- International Oil & Gas Provider
- Chinchilla Location
- $700-$950 Per Day Inclusive of Super
- FIFO Position Brisbane – Chinchilla – Monday to Friday
- 12 Month+ Contract
- Professional Team | Great Culture | Safety Focused
For Online Apply Please click at Online Button