Brunel Energy Australasia are currently partnered with our client who is a leading International Oil & Gas Operator, focused in the exploration, development & production of LNG & Oil. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture whilst they expand their operations here in Queensland. We are currently recruiting a Project Engineer for their Upstream Projects.
This role will be based out of our clients operations in Chinchilla. Initially on a 12 Month basis.
19:9 Rotation – FIFO from Brisbane
The Project Engineer will provide field-based support to construction & pre-commissioning as part of the Upstream Gathering & Wellsites Team – Flexible Scope.
The primary focus of this role is to support the delivery of wellsite facilities.
You will liaise with the construction contractors, construction management, field engineering team and home office engineering teams, specifically from the perspective of piping elements of the work.
Continual wells & gathering extensions, in-field drilling & new facility construction is an integral part of the ability to fill the facility for its design life.
• Strong commitment to safety – you will be a HSSE champion.
• Safety Leadership in assessing/managing risk within construction activities.
• Communications between stakeholders to deliver best for business outcomes.
• Leading continuous improvement of construction contractors to deliver & improve on budget & schedule.
• Management, tracking and oversight of deliverables & schedule to ensure they are delivered safely, on-time and to specification.
• Liaise with Construction Team and Contractors clarifying all design aspects to ensure that they are safely and efficiently constructed
• Review scope of works to ensure that they are optimized and take due account of constructability issues
• Provide input to ensure technical completeness and integrity of constructed facilities.
• Assist completions with maintenance of accurate records (as-built mark-ups acceptance, punch lists sign offs as required, etc.)
• Assist site verification surveys and prepare field sketches & reports as needed to support home-office engineering
• Provide field focal point on the technical issues associated with engineering and design and make recommendations in consultation with home-office engineering including management of site originated Technical Queries
• Carry out inspections and verifications in accordance with the approved Inspection & Test Plans and Completions Documentation
• Identify and manage interfaces between projects in order to optimise the sequence of work and prevent rework
• Provide required input to Company planning, scheduling, progress-monitoring & costing activities
• Interface with Quality Assurance/Quality Control personnel to address quality issues/progress
• Take an active role in auditing and verifying Contractor compliance with the Contract and Company standards and procedures
• Ensure that project standards and functional specifications are suitable and are being applied by the Contractor
• Management of track closures and police permitting for council road closures to support gathering construction
• Maintain a register of progress and technical issues to support flow of key information to management in order to assist with decision making and continuous improvement opportunities
• Management of Key site-based deliverables of wellsites including:
o Material Management
o Oversight & input to material availability, delivery & quality of equipment with contractor.
o Materials management including request material releases, verification of material availability and delivery to contractor
o Review and Approval of OS&Ds
o Contingency planning for materials
• Support on site-based risk assessments and reviews
• Issuance of site instructions for scope change management
• Support in transfer of custody of wellsite between construction and either well engineering or commissioning
• Participation in Pre-construction kick-off meeting & associated deliverables in new work fronts.
o Execution Readiness & Land Access
o Community notifications, CZA’s & SC04 process
• 5-10 years of Operations & Projects experience in the Oil & Gas industry
• CSG experience
• Verifiable performance and delivery working as a team member, typically gained through two or more responsible project assignments.
• Strong understanding of construction process and requirements.
• Strong understanding of contracts and procurement process and requirements
• Experience with Permit to Work (PTW) systems
• Experience in review of Contractors Procedures and ITP’s
• Demonstrated experience with field safety management and commitment to safety
• Experience working within a controlled change management culture to ensure that any changes are fully assessed through formal and informal management of change (MoC) systems
• Ability to identify program risks and risk management.
• A high degree of skill in written and oral communications Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Educated in technical or engineering discipline at tertiary level (first degree, or equivalent, preferred).
• Chartered or equivalent qualified professional status preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of business process re-engineering and change management
• Knowledge of quantifying and assessing risk and developing risk mitigation strategies
• Knowledge of all facets of engineering design, fabrication I construction and testing as well as appreciation of general project management.
• Ability to guide, mentor and inspire other team members
• Commercially aware, and able to apply this to realise asset improvement opportunities through project delivery
• Able to apply appropriate standards in own area and has awareness of functional assurance processes.
• Demonstrates customer focus and is aware of the business impact of their decisions.
• Management of multiple issues and complex problems, with the ability to structure solutions that integrate effectively with other groups
• Ability to work at a strategic level and at a detailed working level
• Demonstrated ability to promote effective collaboration and resolve conflict
• Ability to challenge in a respectful and confident manner
• Seeks feedback and modifies behaviour as appropriate
• Resilient in the face of change, challenge and uncertainty
• Proficiency in Presentations & leading meetings
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role – Please apply directly using the ‘Apply’ button or get in contact with Laura Street at Brunel on (07) 3007 7600, or email me a copy of your CV through to email@example.com
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Brunel values diversity and encourages applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and minority group candidates.
Brunel Australasia is a market leader in the supply of highly skilled blue and white-collar personnel for full site manning, temporary labour provision, staffing and recruitment to the resource industry. Operating locally since 2001 and backed by an international network spanning 35 countries, we pair talented individuals with industry leading clients and work closely with both clients and the industry at large to ensure the safety, financial security and stability of the candidates we place.
- International Oil & Gas Provider
- Chinchilla Location
- $850-$1050 Per Day Inclusive of Super
- 19:9 Rotation
- 12 Month Contract
- Professional Team | Great Culture | Safety Focused