Process Engineer – Rumaila – 28 /28 Rotation
Our client leading global operator is looking to hire Process Engineer on a contract basis – working on 28/28 rotational pattern working Rumaila.
The successful candidate – shall report to Process & Process Safety TL and will be an integral member of a multi-discipline Operations support & Engineering Department.
The candidate’s responsibilities shall include:
- Provide technical support, as necessary, to all Departments, including; Operations, Maintenance, Projects, and Construction on all aspects of process engineering
- Work closely with optimisation and production teams to identify debottlenecking opportunities and constraints, initiating debottlenecking projects as necessary.
- Execute various MOC design and checking activities for operational based work scopes
- Participate in various process safety reviews. Working closely with operations personnel (eg Operations Manager, Ops advisors, Site Engineers and HSE personnel) to define and lead where necessary on the following key aspects of process safety:
- Operational Risk Assessment
- Pre start up safety review (PSSR)
- Provide technical input to management of change process.
- Carry out Site Surveys, prepare of Basis of Design, SOR’s, specifications, etc for in-house and third party engineered modifications.
- Review and approve as necessary, third party engineering deliverables
- Provide assurance on engineering compliance with applicable Standards, Specifications, Codes and Regulations Ensure that non-conformities and temporary deviations are identified, risk assessed, and plans are put in place to mitigate risks
Develop Process Engineering related documents such as:
- Statement of Requirements incl Business case.
- Process basis of design
- HAZID’s/HAZOP’s/Haz. Area Classification
Represent on technical issues associated with 3rd party organisations such as key vendors, national authorities, and regulatory bodies where necessary.
Process & HSE inputs to support performance contract including safety audits, Isolation Audits, Risk assessments, incident investigations etc.
Development of PFDs/PIDS/C&E, operating philosophy. Experience in conceptual & FEED studies incl. production enhancements on Brownfield assets. Proficiency in safety related calculations, and relief & blowdown studies.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent from a recognized and suitability certified institution. Ideally post degree relevant professional accreditation.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 18 years relevant experience in chemical process engineering, including the design and operation of processing systems in the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum of 5 years working in an international oil and gas operation, in a brownfield ops support role, and 5 years in an EPC organization
- Candidate to demonstrate experience of key engineering process simulation and modelling tools (HYSYS, PIPESIM, Flarenet etc.), including understanding and selection of optimum modelling criteria i.e.EOS.
- Experience of risk management processes, including but not limited to: QRA, HAZID/HAZOP
- Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (API,ASME,ISO)
- Candidate to demonstrate strong coaching skills developed in multi-cultural organization.
If you have any other requirements or would like to apply – please send your details to NES GT