* Act as Company’s SPoC onsite (onshore and/or offshore) for all lifting operations; interfacing directly with Contractor’s representatives.
* Work with Contractor to ensure safe and efficient progress is maintained.
* Support Project Team in delivering the Project HSSE objectives by demonstrating a personal commitment & leadership towards HSSE excellence along with ensuring HSSE compliance by the Contractor. Specifically, shall lead the lifting oversight activities on behalf of Project Team.
* Develop the Lifting Management System (LMS) and ensure its understanding and application by relevant employees and Contractors. Manages the lifting assurance program. Undertake/participate periodic reviews and audits of Contractor LMS
* Validate competency of Contractor employees, responsible for lifting operations. Provide lifting and handling expertise advice to Construction Team for all onshore and offshore lifts.
* Review and accept Contractor lifting plans and attend the critical lifts. Develop and monitor lifting schedules for each Contractor and for overall project with particular emphasis on critical or complex lifts
* Assess Contractor lifting procedures and review engineering calculations for critical lifts. Review rigging analysis. Provide expertise advise for rigging selection
* Participate and provide expertise advise during design stage discussions.
* Develop the Lifting Strategy and perform spot checks to verify Contractor monitoring program and fit for purpose of lifting appliances/accessories, CCUs and evaluate their utilization on site
* Participates in incident investigations on lifting related incidents and provide expertise advise
* Develop work instruction for lifting activities and equipment to match Best Industrial Practice.
* Establish the technical requirements for examination/inspection regime. Review of Contractor periodic integrity inspections and certifications of Lifting Equipment and color coding activities
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Minimum of 10 years lifting and rigging experience, ideally in O & G construction environment.
* Ability to read and understand diagrams, plans and drawings
* Ability to perform effectively in a team environment demonstrating; collaborative, cooperative, flexible, adaptable, respectful, and tactful personal characteristics.
* Has proven experience in a leadership role and has demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision.
* Confident and energetic approach to addressing all construction & technical issues.
* English speaking & proficient in the ability to produce quality written reports in English.
* Proficient in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint. Knowledge of AutoCAD is advantage.
* Relevant lifting qualification and certification by recognized authorities (OPITO, LEEA, EAL, ECITB) for:
Appointed Person Moving Loads (APML)
LOLER Appointed person
Critical Lift Plan
Advanced Rigging and Lifting course
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
For Apply Please Click at Apply Button