|Lead Maintenance Engineer (Rotating & Gas Turbine) – ( PLA00001W )
Lead Rotating Equipment & Gas Turbine Maintenance Engineer –
28/28 Days Rotation
Scope of Responsibilities
The role is to support a team of rotating equipment engineers and gas turbine specialists to improve efficiency of all rotating equipment within the Rumaila Oil field.
Mentoring of Local National Iraqi staff in routine duties and responsibilities in order to facilitate the re-nationalisation of oil and gas production.
- Support the R&M Manager and Department Managers with fully qualified Maintenance Advisors, Project team Leads, Planners and Supervisors as part of the MMS O&G and MMS Water contract.
- Strong Health, Safety & Environmental ethos.
- Embracing a one team culture.
- Review all maintenance practices and establish clear preventive and planned maintenance routines for the variety of rotating equipment within the field.
- Liaise with the vendors and suppliers associated with all rotating equipment to provide support in the provision of preventative maintenance routines, major overhauls and hot end change outs, the supply of materials and spares, and any special equipment and tools
- Ensure all maintenance routines are accurately entered into the clients CMMS system.
- Categorise and tag all rotating equipment and ensure that the CMMS reflects accurately all makes and models and specifications of the equipment within the field.
- Ensure the team creates a materials list to support routine and corrective maintenance and ensure this is entered into the clients CMMS system.
- Advise and mentor clients management team in respect to maintaining all rotating equipment’s at peak efficiency.
- Ensure team provides guidance to local maintenance teams on corrective maintenance and are ‘hands on’ as deemed necessary.
- Evaluate what data is required for each item of equipment and ensure the team creates daily log sheets for operations to complete.
- Analyse the data provided and produce trends and graphs relating to the performance of the equipment.
- From the data gathered, make recommendations on maintenance or modifications to equipment to increase machinery reliability and availability.
- Review what predictive maintenance practices can feasibly be introduced allowing for the prevailing environment.
- Competent in vibration analysis.
- Plan team boroscoping activities on equipment’s as necessary.
- Manage vendors and sub-contractors as necessary.
- Consider all Health, Safety and Environmental factors for each task and ensure there are formal risk assessments in place to mitigate all hazards.
- Ensure team is competent on isolations of all types of rotating equipment in the field.
- Liaise with client’s team on procedures and practices.
- Produce a full written report where a major breakdown or outage has occurred on the cause and recommendations to prevent re-occurrence
- Ensure all work is executed to clients current and future codes, procedures and standards.
- Provide guidance to the Planning Team and Procurement Coordinator
- Compile rotating equipment detailed handovers pre / post field breaks.
- Report all HSE incidents and advise and assist on incident investigations
- Liaise with Project Engineers on maintenance issues.
- Provide technical input in to modification work packs.
- Answer technical queries and guide personnel on maintenance and best practices
- Strive for continuous improvement in all activities Responsible for the promotion and implementation of CPECC / JV and client’s HSE policies.
Minimum Job Requirement
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Petrochemical or Oil and Gas project/operations
- Degree preferably but a Diploma or HNC in a relevant technical discipline with proven rotating equipment experience
- Proven management and team lead experience
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written briefs and skilled in report writing and compilation
- Proven analytical skills for problem solving and providing solutions
- Work to the highest personal standards and achieve set objectives.
- Good training skills.
- Proven diversity and multi-cultural experience.
- Work to the highest personal and professional standard to achieve or exceed set objectives
You must have:
- You must have above 15 Years experience in O&G industry (Preferable with IOC’s direct or contract)
- You must have degree in Engineering – Preferably Mechanical
- You must have practical exposure to production facilities
- You must have hands on experience with Rotating Equipment Maintenance (Turbines, Motors, Generators & Pumps)
- You must have exposure to CMMS tools – MAXIMO OR SAP
- You must be Fluent in English
- You must have evident career progression
- You must have good employment track record
: IQ-IQ-Rumaila-Rumaila – Iraq
Rumaila – Iraq