Successful candidates will have a minimum of three (3) years of continuous and current experience as an Instrument Technician in a petrochemical, industrial, or manufacturing environment.
Install, repair, maintain, inspect, and calibrate indicating recording, telemetering, and controlling instruments used to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, motion, forre and chemical composition, using precision instruments and hand tools.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and work from related blueprints and P&ID’s.
- Install and calibrate various types of analyzers.
- Install and calibrate transmitters, transducers, controllers, positioners, actuators, and other recording, indicating, or controlling instruments.
- Cut, bend, and install tubing related to instrumentation.
- May read quality control manuals and testing specifications to obtain data to test or calibrate specific devices.
- May set controls to regulate factors such as current flow, timing cycle, pressure, temperature or vacuum, according to specifications.
- May reject malfunctioning device and route to specified departments for re-works or salvaging of parts.
- May disassemble instrument or device to determine cause of defective operation.
- May work with programmable logic controller(s) (PLC’s)
Works both indoors and outdoors, may include extreme hot or cold weather conditions. Spends most of the work day standing on feet, requires stooping, bending, squatting. May require working in cramped and uncomfortable positions. May be required to climb about machinery and climb ladders, scaffolds, and catwalks.
The successful candidate will maintain a high degree of personal safety and environmental awareness at all time. This position requires a strong commitment to safety, quality, and continuous improvement with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions in a safe, efficient manner. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing is also required. All qualified applicants must be craft certified or possess the ability to pass a craft test, as well as the ability to pass a criminal background check, pre-employment drug screen and other qualifications as required.
Interested applicants may submit their resume to email@example.com or attach them to this online application. For further inquiries, please visit our Pasadena Employment Office at 2616 E. Pasadena Freeway, Pasadena, Texas 77506 – our hours are 7:00 am through 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, or call us at 713-472-6464.
The Mundy Companies offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a benefits package that includes paid vacations and holidays, 401K plan, and medical insurance.
EOE/DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT
For Online Apply Please Click at Apply Button