We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC Qatar for:
INSTRUMENT COMMISSIONING SUPERVISOR
This position is a unique opportunity to assist and support the Commissioning Instrument Leader in supervising the NWHP (batch#1 ) EPCIC Contractors activities linked to the Commissioning of the 3 well head platforms and associated Brownfield additional equipment, in both preparation and execution phases.
Your main duties will be:
• To witness and/or verify all Instrument system completion activities performed by the Construction Contractor including approval of punch lists.
• To supervise all Instrument pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities for assigned sub-systems. This includes preparatory activities, coordinating resources (technicians, equipment, other departments), expediting documentation – in particular handover dossiers, attending walk-downs from construction to commissioning and from commissioning to operations and formally agreeing and categorizing punch-list items.
• To assist and control the vendor support required for the assigned systems.
• To assist his discipline leader to follow closely the commissioning of systems/subsystems assigned in accordance with the commissioning procedures and commissioning and start-up schedule, coordinating the various disciplines, and ensuring all disciplines reach assigned targets as per system completion schedule.
• To compile relevant documentation to support handover and acceptance of systems to Operations.
• To ensure that the Instrument content of the dossiers is accurate and complete before they are accepted from construction , commissioning and before approval by operations department.
EPCIC COMMISSIONING PREPARATION PHASE
• Coordinate with other project entities / disciplines /existing facilities.
• Ensure that the Instrument pre-commissioning and commissioning tools are available and well maintain .
EPCIC COMMISSIONING EXECUTION PHASE
• Follow the contractor’s Instrument commissioning activities using the OPERCOM® Methodology and ICAPS© (Integrated Commissioning And Progress System) software.
• Follow the execution of Instrument commissioning activities..
• Supervise the reporting of commissioning execution .
• Follow-up on red line mark-up drawings.
• Follow-up on VENDORS commissioning scope of work activities such as: SAT, OTPs , documents update, Closing of Punch list, reporting )
Ideally, you should have HND in Science or equivalent in engineering.
You should have at least 10 years’ experience in the offshore oil & gas industry with minimum 3 years’ experience in Supervisor Commissioning role. Experienced with NOC Standards ( Total General Specifications ) , OPERCOM and ICAPS, PRODOM and relevant codes and standards.
You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, an advance level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
QatarDisplay the postal address on a map (new window)
Minimum level of experience required
10 years or more
English (C-Professional working proficiency)
Combining our differences
SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. This position is opened to people with disabilities.