The Head of Piping & Mechanical is responsible for leading the Piping & Mechanical departments within Global E&C. The role will support the delivery of Global E&C’s integrated brownfield offering and overall strategic objectives by ensuring efficient delivery and improvement across the functions.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Piping & Mechanical departments.
- Provide daily line management to the Piping & Mechanical departments and assist with setting work load and objectives for individuals.
- Provide effective scheduling and utilisation of labour.
- Champion the culture of technical innovation within the Piping & Mechanical departments.
- Identify and develop potential technologies for the Piping & Mechanical departments.
- Lead and drive the implementation of initiatives from concept through to operation within departments.
- Review, develop and implement the necessary systems to effectively and efficiently manage Piping & Mechanical departments.
- Provide discipline specific input into tenders and proposals as required.
- Promote new initiatives to clients and third parties as required.
- Monitor performance of departments and where appropriate seek feedback from customers to ensure ongoing organisational learning across the function.
- Regular liaison with customer focal points and attendance at key meetings, as required.
- Contribute to periodic risk reviews and develop strategies that mitigate exposure to both internal and external risks.
- Support the business to identify, evaluate and select appropriately skilled piping & mechanical personnel in line with the business recruitment strategy.
- Conduct and support the competency assessment of piping and mechanical personnel.
- Support the personal development of all Piping & Mechanical personnel. This will include the undertaking appraisals in line with the company’s EPAS system.
- Provide positive engagement across all levels of the company to achieve business HSE KPI’s.
- Support the business to build and implement appropriate engineering processes and procedures.
- Support the business with PED procedures and compliance.
- Maintain regular contact and dialog with Engineering Manager and Head of Engineering, highlighting any issues, concerns or areas for improvement.
These are as listed below and all apply to this role.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards. Including intervening if observe any breach of HSEQ Procedures or practices.
- Challenge the norm and how things are done to deliver better result for all stakeholders.
- Request information necessary to perform the task as efficiently as possible.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training and development in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit demonstrating ongoing competency required in role.
- Participate in annual and regular performance appraisal with relevant supervisor and/or manager, identifying and agreeing objectives and targets in relation to personal development.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The following are the minimum qualifications and level of experience required to perform the essential functions of the role.
1. Fifteen years’ experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
2. Experience in leading and developing teams.
3. Must have good working knowledge of industry codes and standards.
1. Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
2. Excellent communication skills.
3. Excellent attention to detail, diligence and self-discipline.
4. Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project/company goals.