We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC Qatar for:
This position is a unique opportunity to provide Electrical Engineering advice and support to North Field Expansion (NFE) Offshore Project Management Team (PMT), by coordinating engineering aspects of the project in relation to the Electrical Engineering discipline to ensure technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule.
Your main duties will be:
• Review and monitor project electrical Field Design Changes, Concession Requests, Non-Conformance Reports and contractor design change or deviations from company directives ensuring compliance with management of change procedures.
• Monitor Contractor’s performance and provide advice as necessary to make certain Company’s design philosophy and specifications are achieved by establishing clear communication with the contractor and monitoring contractor and vendor quality control effort.
• Champion initiatives with the Contractor to deliver on the project objectives i.e. safety, quality, cost and schedule and review and monitor contractor’s electrical engineering construction effort making recommendations to Engineering Manager and Project Engineers as necessary.
• Provide guidance and timely review on contractor’s electrical Topside engineering designs and processes verifying fitness for purpose and compliance with contract requirements including codes and standards and ensure PMT or other technical support is available to address any gaps.
• Support respective Offshore Package Managers in delivery of the Engineering and Process design of electrical systems and coordinate the field installation of the NFE Offshore Topsides electrical systems, providing start-up and commissioning support as required.
• Promote inter-departmental communications and encourage teamwork through managing the electrical engineering interface between Topside & Pipeline Engineering and Operations, Drilling, Well Management, Jackets, Pipeline teams.
• Provide technical support and advice to project procurement and construction activities and support NFE Offshore Engineering Manager in monitoring the contractor progress on delivery of the required documents in the electrical engineering discipline.
• Assist PMT in meeting QGPMS expectations as required by the Facility Design & Construction.
• Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts in respective disciplines involved in delivery of the processes related to electrical engineering.
Ideally, you should have Bachelor of Electrical Engineering.
You should have minimum of 10 years’ experience in the area of design and delivery of offshore oil and gas electrical systems and processes for Topside and Pipeline facilities involving high pressure piping wellheads, mechanical and electrical equipment. Experience in major capital projects, with knowledge of worldwide contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, those involved in the construction of major onshore facilities and operating in a multi-cultural environment is preferable.
You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, an advance level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
DohaDisplay the postal address on a map (new window)
Minimum level of experience required
10 years or more
English (C-Professional working proficiency)
Combining our differences
SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. This position is opened to people with disabilities.