E&I TECHNICIAN SUPERVISOR – SITE BASED CHINA – OIL & GAS OPERATOR
This role will be based at the fabrication yard and will be responsible for monitoring and assessing the construction and commissioning of the 28 Electrical and Instrumentation buildings. These buildings will include MV/LV transformers, LV Switchgear/MCC, UPS, HVAC Pressurisation System to NFPA 496, Instrumentation Cabinets, telecoms system cabinets and Small Power and Lighting.
The role will require a thorough understanding of the project and contractual requirements for the scope as well as a thorough understanding of the North America Electrical Code requirements. The successful applicant will have to monitor the installation and commissioning activities being performed by the EPC contractor, and its sub contractor’s (OEMs etc.) and report back to the Electrical and Instrumentation Engineers on progress and any issues which arise.
Skills & Requirements:
* Hands on experience for the installation of electrical equipment for LV voltage levels (relevant qualifications and job history preferably to construction technician or construction supervisor level)
* Hands on experience for the commissioning of electrical equipment for LV voltage levels (relevant qualifications and job experience to commissioning supervisor level)
* Knowledge and hands on experience of the Canadian Electrical Code
* Experience of construction and commissioning on electrical equipment built to North American standards in particular for:
o LV Switchgear and MCC’s (IEEE/UL/CSA)
o Power Transformers (IEEE)
* A detailed understanding and hands on experience of electrical equipment for hazardous areas for North American and Canadian applications (industry recognized qualifications to be provided)
* Beneficial to have experience and good working knowledge of HVAC systems used for pressurization in Hazardous Areas (NFPA496)
* Good knowledge of Instrumentation buildings and cabinet installation
* Good knowledge of building fire and gas systems
* The successful applicant will require a good understand of project and regulatory compliance issues which would have to be raised to engineering level for resolution and approval.
* The applicant will have to be prepared to work in a remote location of China and be able to build appropriate working relationships with people from various nationalities, backgrounds and companies.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with the following competitive compensation package
– NET daily rate: USD 800 – 850
– 6 x business class flights home per year
– Monthly accommodation/living allowance: USD 3000 NET
– Medical insurance
To apply or for further information, please submit CV applications.