We are seeking a Control Room Operator to be based in Cape Town.
The Client is a leading independent power producer operating and developing power projects in Africa.
The main role of the Control Room Operator is to remotely monitor and control the company’s power generation facilities. This is done through the use of Computerised Maintenance and Management System (CMMS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) & Distributed Control System (DCS)systems.
SCADA, CMMS, ERP, and other systems are used to detect, analyze, respond and report.
Note: The role is shift-based, including weekends and public holidays.
Key Performance Areas:
- Remote first-line fault finding of renewable energy power plants
- Identifications of Faults and underperformance
- Initiation of corrective measures for identified faults and underperformance
- Collection, analysis, and reporting on data related to power quality events
- Safe remote operation of power plant equipment
- Operation of HV, MV, LV & Production equipment (Turbines, inverters)
- Operation of auxiliary equipment (equipment that supports production equipment)
- Completion of compliance, power plant performance, KPI and downtime reports
- Responsible for data collection from SCADA system and other database systems
- Use performance analysis techniques to support the identification of plant performance inefficiencies
- Dispatch on-site operations and maintenance (O&M) teams
- Create and dispatch work orders (Corrective maintenance)
- Assist in the development of preventative maintenance plans & schedules
- Provision of planning and scheduling support to the on-site teams (as and when required)
- Assist in the development of support systems
- Assist in the development of monitoring systems as well as integrating new & existing power plants
- Assist in the development of operational procedures used on new and existing power plants
- Attend to incoming calls and escalation procedures
- Follow all cooperative safety policies and procedures
- Monitor and identify continuously and undertake focused improvement opportunities
- Any other tasks in line with the role, as assigned by the line manager
- N4 in electrical/mechanical / mechatronics engineering or equivalent NQF level
- 3 years’ relevant working experience, including in-service training
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Additional “nice to have” Requirements:
- Experience in renewable energy power plant operations or field maintenance
- Experiences in DCS or SCADA, such as Siemens SPPA-T3000, WinCC, Wonderware or other
- SCADA systems
- Knowledge of or experience in ERP/CMMS systems such as SAP, IFS or OnKey
- Knowledge of network data communications, client/server functions, and hardware/software architectures.
Should the opportunity to match your profile and career aspirations do apply today.
Send your application with an updated resume as well as a short cover page.