Construction Supervisor (all disciplines) – AL 01QA
: KWT-Al Ahmadi
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
: Nov 11, 2019
Reporting Manager Title: PD
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) has awarded Worley with a 5 year $US 110m contract for the supply of Consultancy and Programme Management services related to the UNCC funded environmental remediation of the damages caused by the Iraqi aggression against Kuwait in the 1991 Gulf War. The contract serves to support KOC and the UN to achieve their goal
The contract aims to provide project management, co-ordination, planning, design, engineering, construction management, contracting, procurement, project controls and other services necessary for the remediation contaminated areas including wet and dry oil lakes, oil piles, and transfer of technology.
The new contract expands Worley’s presence in Kuwait which has grown the operation to over 400 people of some 20 nationalities. Worley presently has a slate of projects under management at KOC under a previous PMC project. Each project is in the mega-project category.
Construction Supervisor – All Disciplines (Mechanical; Electrical; Civil / Structural; Piping / Pipeline; Instrumentation & Controls)
Development and Management of construction and completions capability across PMC projects.
- Diploma in Engineering from a recognized Technical Institute
- Minimum 8 years total post qualification experience
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience in managing large size oil and gas projects and leading a team; pre commissioning and commissioning experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Construction Supervisor role
- Ensure that contractors comply with all aspects of the Worksite HSE Plan and policy; site regulations, permit to work, WorleyParsons and Customer requirements.
- Ensue that construction contractors adhere to the latest approved for construction (AFC) project drawings, specifications, procedures and site instructions.
- Ensure by leadership and guidance that contracted works meets all practical, commercial, requirements of productivity, quality and contract target completions.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of construction contractors. Maintain daily supervisory surveillance checks and records ensuring that contractor’s management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permitting procedures, all required competent personnel, protective equipment, adequate supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets.
- Routinely study, check and review all contractor scope as detailed in drawings, specifications and instructions, ensuring contractors proper interpretation and compliance with the lasted AFC drawings and specifications.
- Ensure proper change control by issuing Field Instructions for all changes, reviewing Site Queries to ensure responses are appropriate and practical and reviewing Advanced Revision notices prior to issue to contractors to ensure correct use of construction resources.
- Ensure contractors dimensional control methods for checking that the works are properly set out and supervise specialist surveying contractors where necessary.
- Ensure Quality inspectors and contractor supervisors carry out the witness, inspection and surveillance checks in accordance with the WorleyParsons Quality Plan and the requirements of the Quality Control Manager.
- Ensure that contractors are working in the required work areas, locations and elevations and that work sequence and interfaces with other contractors are both coordinated and planned to provide continuous working to meet contract schedules.
- Ensure that all construction materials, embedded items, special fixtures are approved for use and that they are stored, protected and available to workface locations as required.
- Promote and maintain Worley, Customer and contractor best practice working relationships.
- Attend Contractor progress meetings as required.
- Must be qualified to at least a diploma level from a recognized Technical Institute
- Must have managed large size projects in oil & gas industry leading a team
- Must have pre commissioning, commissioning and performance testing experience